Orlando Welfare Fraud Criminal Defense Attorney / Lawyer
Orlando Welfare Fraud Defense Attorney - Lawyer, Providing Professional Welfare Fraud Criminal Defense Attorney legal services for Orlando, Sanford, Maitland, Longwood, Winter Park, Kissimmee, Orange County, and Central Florida.
Call 407.331.1775 to Speak with Orlando Welfare Fraud Criminal Defense Attorney / Lawyer, Craig A. Sonner.
Welfare fraud is a crime which there is an intentional act to defraud the government to to receive, increase or maintain receiving welfare services or payments.
Welfare fraud may be committed by either an individual or by welfare system employees. In addition, charges for welfare fraud are not only brought against those who intentionally attempt to defraud the welfare system, but also those who have been accused of welfare fraud who have not intentionally committed a crime against the welfare system.
An individual may be charged with welfare fraud in they:
- Fail to report when a child leaves the home;
- Fail to report property or other possessions;
- Use fake identification while claiming to be someone else in order to receive welfare benefits and services;
- Make false statements to the Department of Employment and Social Services in order to obtain additional welfare benefits;
- Intentionally continue to receive benefits which the recipient is no longer entitled to;
- Intentionally receive benefits from more than one State.
Welfare system employees who are accused of trying to defraud the welfare system are investigated by various State and Federal organizations, including the Department of Public and Social Services, and they are aggressively prosecuted and punished to the full extent of the law.
If convicted of welfare fraud you must pay back the amount of illegally obtained benefits and may be permanently disqualified from receiving future welfare benefits. You may also face a term of jail or prison term, community service, or an assortment of other punishments.
Protect your rights by seeking the legal advice and representation of an experienced Orlando Welfare Fraud Criminal Defense Attorney / Lawyer.
Contact Orlando Welfare Fraud Criminal Defense Attorney / Lawyer Craig A. Sonner at 407.331.1775 in the Orlando, Orange County, Seminole County, Osceola County, Volusia County, Brevard County, Lake County, and Central Florida Area.